Samsung Galaxy S4 GT (I9505) – Android 4.3 leak, stable and how to
Android 4.3 for Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) LTE is coming very soon but if you can’t wait and brave enough there is a latest leak Android 4.3 for Galaxy s4 with build date of October 8 (I9505XXUEMJ3_I9505OLBEMJ2_OLB). The good guys from Sammobile.com tested the leak and it has some minor changes from the first leak and VERY stable. If you want to try this new build (I9505XXUEMJ3) follow the instruction below.
Tip: Carrier branded Galaxy S4 like from Globe & Smart can be updated to this version but will void your warranty but if you perform NanDROID Backup (rooted) you can keep an untouched image of your device OS and if you want to warranty it just restore the stock image.
Note: Installing firmware from leak sources will void your warranty. Make sure you have a NANDROID Backup just in case you like to restore it to stock/non-rooted. For those under a carrier you will also void your warranty and NANDROID Backup is recommeded.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3
Country: Open Asia
Version: Android 4.3
Build date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 23:29:05 +0000
Product Code: OLB
- This firmware will WIPE your device (Perform a backup before flashing)
- This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
- This test firmware will NOT trigger your KNOX Warranty Counter (If it’s 0×0 before flashing, it will remain 0×0 after flashing and vice versa).
- This test firmware is a pre-release firmware and not official from Samsung.
- We have fully tested this firmware and this firmware works perfectly as any other official firmware.
Updating firmware via Odin Tool:
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add AP_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
- Add BL_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to BL
- Add CP_I9505XXUEMJ3_1840064_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CP
- Add CSC_OLB_I9505OLBEMJ2_1765174_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Video
Image, Instruction and Links: SamMobile
If you have questions, just leave a comment below.